LEWIS & CARROLL TEA - BLOK M, JAKARTA SELATAN

9:53 PM

Say hello to the newest place tea lounge that really in right now! Seeing this on someone insagram and i'm really starstruck all of a sudden! This is such a cool place to hangout for afternoon tea with your friend. Located at Jl. Bumi No 4, Blok M, you can really spot this place because it's located at the main road, not exactly in the main road, but you can easily find them. For parking, dont't worry. They accomodate a valet service, and pay as you like, which is cool.




First impression when i walked in are, it's not so big but it's so cozy. I can imagine hanging out at this place for hours! But, they should really working on their air conditioner, because it was so hot. I was sit next to window glasses and it was so hot! My friends aren't comfortable enough to sit in a longer time, too bad because they really have a great places. If you can't stand hot, i reccomend you to sit a cooler place. And, i'm kinda regretting go to this place on saturday and afternoon, because i didn't expect the crowd. I guess this place really get people attetion.

For the interior, the wood and white wall are really dominate here. And what they use for their table? Marble table! Which is cute, and really instagenic.

  







They sell tea too for all tea lovers, not only that, they too sell the jar for the tea and a 2 small tea cup, it all made by ceramic, and it all comes in colorful colour! for 1 set it cost you IDR 320k. 





Above, as you open the door you can see it's actually a place to sit. But yesterday as i come to this place, it turns to be a place to sell a wood goods from Kemala (if i'm not mistaken) they sell a lot of woods goods and it's all so cute!

Soon as i sit, a waittres come and have like a gigantic bucket full small glass jar of various for tea flavor option.







 You can actually smell them first before decided what you want to buy, really smart! So many option, you can ask them for specific tea flavor you want. They have like flower, fruity, or anything! I don't even remember one by one because it's so many!

I choose 3 different flavors of tea:


And, yes! They use the tea jar they actually sell to the customer.

1). Blossom Blanc Tea: IDR 47k
It's not really surprising for me for the price because they sell really authentic tea and unique tea. This one is kinda refreshing and really green.


2). Safari Sunset Signature: IDR 30k
I should've ask about the range price and what type of tea that's expensive and the cheaper one...should've known. As it names, is smell really good and fruity. I choose the fruity one because it's more refreshing than the usual one. Anway, you can ask them if you want your tea in a cold or hot. I look to my next table and they have a cold tea. So refreshing.


3). Sunrise Salutation: IDR 47k
I want to tell a story first. As soon as my friend pick her tea and order it, we choose the menu what we want to eat and yes, we waited. My tea coming, and my other friend tea coming, but my friend tea isn't coming until we have to tell to the waitress that my friend tea didn't coming, and she say that they'll process this soon. Fianally it's arrived, but it was cold while my friend want it hot. Then finally, they change it to the hot. FIIUUHHH, they really need to work on their management i guess. I understand that while i came, there's like so crowded but that's not an excuses i guess.

My friends choose flower tea, and the smell is really breath taking.



Chicken Lou's Sandwich: IDR 70k
The main menu is really boring for me, like carbonara, aglio olio, mac n cheese, and stuff. I expect more from this place and this menu tho. But it's okay since they more specialize in tea.

Instead of eating it using fork and knife, i just grabbed it and eat it like a hamburger. The chicken is really tender and generous, beside the chicken, it have a sliced bacon. I love love love bacon. And all this mixed together; perfection.

Look at that melted cheese!


Pan Fried Salmon: IDR 95k
The salmon it's not really big and kinda pricey for their portion. But it was good and soft. But it's just decent like any other salmon that i've ever had in other restaurant. But i like their presentation tho. It's served with mashed potato, cherry tomato, eggplant, and some vegetables. The sauce is kinda good.



Fedora: IDR 80k
I don't understad what's the differences between fedora and bolognese since they use tomato sauce. I think the difference only between fedora using prawn and the bolognese using meat. This one is really decent yet pricey. They say this one is their favorite. My question; how come? But i appreciate the thickness of it's pasta, it's different than the other spaghetti i've ever had,

Other story, as my friend cut the prawn into a half, she found a raw prawn. Really? a raw prawn? For your info, prawn is one of a seafood that really cook fast. Kinda confuse to look at a raw prawn. I ask them why it's still raw and they change it immediately.



Matcha Panna Cotta: IDR 55k
This one got my approval, my friend say that her friends eat it and it's so good. So i decided to give it a try and yes, it's really good. The texture is really creamy and not too sweet; which is good.




So many thing that have to be fixed in this place, from a small things like they should arrange the fork, knife and spoon and other small stuff like tissue. Kinda funny my food came first than my spoon, Should i be mad or laughing? Will i come for the tea? YES! of course, but the food? Hmmm..not really. Except for the sandwich and the panna cotta!


Lewis & Carroll Tea
Jl. Bumi No. 4, Blok M - Jakarta Selatan
Call number: 021 29704981
Open From: 8 a.m - 10 p.m
Average spend for two person: IDR 300k
Instagram


You Might Also Like

1 comments